I would like to invite you to participate in the edonis project which commences this month.
edonis (educators online impact study) will run for at least three years, identifying, for example:
• Trends in educators’ use of Web 2.0 tools
• impact on teaching and learning, and professional development
• good practice
• implications for the learning sector and government.
Your involvement would centre on:
• Replying to a brief fortnightly emailed question
• monthly, completion of a brief online survey
• termly, responding to stimulus eg image, video, comment
• yearly, participating in a one-hour online discussion relating to the findings of the study
• a one-to-one interview with myself during the period of research.
edonis is intended to facilitate participants’ learning through: regular reporting and sharing of data and findings; opportunities to network with fellow educations and participate in focused discussions (for example via http://edonis.ning.com); and access to the final version of the thesis.
The study will form part of my doctoral thesis, provisionally titled, “Educators’ use of the social web to support teaching and learning, and professional development”. Your participation will be recognised within the published thesis and with a yearly Professional Development (CPD/PD) certificate. At each stage of the study, you will be able to choose to annonymise your contribution.
If you have any questions prior to agreeing to take part, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message below.